Tuesday 18 May 2010

May day, May day

Blimey, where did that month go?

Went out for my first proper hike at the weekend, joined by the duchess which made the whole experience all the more pleasurable, am thinking of smuggling her into my luggage for Kili to keep me company (she's small enough).

Managed a good two hours, on various terrains and felt like I had plenty left in the tank. We did get somewhat lost, which is a bit embarassing given the fact it was on a signposted ramblers route AND I'd downloaded a compass app especially for it. Still, I have several guides to see me up Kili and back again... and not even I can manage to get lost when the only directions are either "up" or "down" surely?

hmmmm, do Tom-Tom do maps for Tanzania?

So 4 months it is, please visit my justgiving page (linked) to read more why I'm doing this and who benefits, and if you can donate a small amount I'd be most grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment