Thursday 29 October 2009

Okay, so one month on and the training is going suprisingly well.

At least I thought it was until I popped into see the Fund Raising Manager at the Pickering Centre, the lovely Polly, and the walk up the three flights of stairs to her office half killed me. Hmmm, I'm guessing Kilimanjaro is a little higher.

5,895 metres to be precise.

I met a bloke a couple of weeks ago who had just returned from his own summit of Kili, and he described the last couple of days as "brutal", with only half of his group making it to the highest point, Uhuru Peak. He described heavy vomiting, tears, panic attacks and people being taken down on stretchers.

Wish I hadn't asked him now, to be honest.

The fundraising has started in earnest, up to £600 raised so far, a HUGE thank you to all those who have donated, every penny is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment